Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recipe - Banana Bread

I shared this recipe last night with my Moms of Multiples group but thought I'd post it here as well.  This is one of my all time favorite things to make, and the whole family's favorite thing to eat.  I often double the recipe and make one loaf and twelve muffins (and sometimes there's even enough for a couple of mini muffins) and I've adapted it for cupcakes at times also.  I swear, I could probably just eat banana bread all day long every day and be perfectly happy.  And beyond being delicious, this is also the easiest recipe I know.  It can be whipped together in no time and it's gone without a trace almost as fast! 

Chef Momma's Famous Banana Bread 

3 to 4 ripe bananas (the riper the better!)
1/4 cup melted butter 
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp cinnamon  
1/2 Tbsp nutmeg 
1/2 Tbsp ground clove
1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips or walnuts (optional) 


1 - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a loaf pan or line a muffin tin.

2 - Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl with the sugar.  Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips or walnuts, if using, and mix until combined.  Don't over-mix your batter or you'll have tunneling (long holes) in your end product.

3 - If using, fold in half of the chocolate chips or walnuts.  Pour into the pan and top with remaining chips or nuts.

4 - Bake for 55-60 minutes for loaf or 18-22 minutes for muffins, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Slice and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment