Sunday, August 22, 2010

Two Firsts!

We are celebrating two firsts in our house tomorrow - Travis's first day of student teaching and my first attempt at a bento box lunch!  Yay!

Eventually, I hope for these lunches to be waste-free but this first bento does not fall into that category.  I have not really had a chance to build up my supplies so I used a paper cupcake liner, packed a string cheese, and Travis bought a big tub of lychee jellies from the Asian market yesterday.  As I become more proficient at packing bentos, I hope that it becomes easier to make them waste-free.  I could go into a long post about why I care about making lunches less wasteful and more healthful but that is a spiel for another day.  Also, all of the Travis bentos will be practice for the many many Eli and Jude bentos to come when they start school at some point.  They'll be the coolest kids with the dorkiest lunches but it's only because I love them.


In this bento box, I have given Travis a peanut butter and blood orange-cranberry jelly sandwich, one string cheese, two clementine oranges, some bugles, two brownie bites, and a lychee jelly treat.  Not too shabby for my first one, if I do say so myself.  No veggies, but I'll make sure to stick extra in tomorrow's lunch.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment